Tuesday 5 January 2016

Away For New Years!

Watchet - Somerset

So, on Tuesday my boyfriend Jamie & I still hadn't any plans for New Years Eve!
He then came up with the idea of going down to Somerset for a couple of days!

Wednesday, I had work, but once I finished we then travelled down that evening!

Jamie's dad and step mum, have a holiday home down there right on the sea front, so we thought it would be a nice change of scenery to see in the New Year!

We arrived quite late on Wednesday evening so we went straight to bed!

Waking up to this view on New Years Eve!

Thursday (New Years Eve) we decided we wanted to do something fun, and found a zoo called Tropiquaria.
I thought I took a lot of photos, but realised I took them all on Snapchat and didn't save most of them (stupid I know) 
This little one was just a bit too cute not to take a photo of! He or she looks like they are really posing for this!

When we walked in, there were 2 parrots. But only one caught our eye! Olly!
He actually waves at you!

There were a lot of other tropical animals there such as, caiman, tortoise, birds, emus, lemurs, lizards and so on!

After the zoo, we went back to the house for some lunch, and to watch Harry Potter! 

We then went out for a curry to a restaurant called The Spice Merchant! It is super tasty! We had some wine and cocktails with our food too!
After that we walked along to a local pub, to have a few drinks in there, before heading back to the house for prosecco, and to watch the London fireworks on the TV!

It was lovely it just being the 2 of us snuggled up on the sofa!


New Years Day was a bit of a rubbish day with regards to the weather, as it would not stop raining! We just decided to deal with it and go for a walk along the pier! 
We did however get absolutely soaked by the rain, so went back to the house to dry off, watch more Harry Potter, before packing up to come home! :(

It is such a lovely area down in Watchet, there is so much to do! I do recommend going in the summer time as a lot of the activities and days out are mostly outdoors, but we had a lovely time even though it was raining!

I hope you all had a good New Years Eve, and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Let me know what you got up to, by leaving a comment below!

Speak Soon!

Love Beckii 
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice :)